Home > Forum
Title: Chinese Skullcap
Reply this topic
Messager Message
Jenn Posted - 8/10/2020 21:05:31
I have Sjogrenˇ¦s syndrome and have struggled with reactions to foods, environmental chemicals, medications, etc. When I react I have asthma reactions, sinus congestion, headaches, brain fog and joint stiffness. I have high systemic inflammation. I recently read about Chinese skullcap and began taking it with a significant improvement in my reactivity. However, I stopped taking it because I am concerned about it increasing my estrogen levels. I had estrogen positive breast cancer 6 years ago. I would appreciate any information or resources that could help me decide if this Chinese herbal medicine is safe for me to take. Thank you.
TCM Posted - 12/10/2020 10:27:36
Traditionally, Chinese skullcap root is used to clear heat, expel dampness and detoxify. The herb is bitter and cold in properties, and mainly manifests its therapeutic actions in the lung, stomach, gallbladder and large intestine meridians, which help depressing your hyper-inflammatory conditions and so relieve the symptoms.

Where did you find the message that it increases estrogen level? Actually, Chinese skullcap is indicated for irritating fetal in pregnancy, as this condition is simply regarded as a heat disharmony.

Nevertheless, Chinese skullcap is quite harsh in actions; it may have adverse effects when taking alone and so is recommended for prescription only.

back